Berma Cicli is an Italian bicycle maker from Padova, founded in 1930 by Mario Bertocco and named after him (BERtocco - MArio).This Berma Professional classic road bike from 1980s is a perfect throwback to handmade Italian bikes. It was manufactured by the Bertocco brothers which ran the family business until the 1990s.The frame subtly carries small engraved symbols on the seat stay caps, fork crown, lugs, bottom bracket shell or the brake bridge. What this frame is all about though is "aero". Attempts to built an aerodynamicly optimized bikes are not seldom, but this one is very close to perfection. It utilizes all the "tricks" known at that time to make a bike slice through the air.
- The main tubes have a teardrop shaping,
- The seatstays are ovalized
- The brake cable is routed internally
- It used Columbus Air fork blades
- The shifting cables are routed internally and the rear one across the chain stay
- The shifters have been moved to the top of the down tube
The result is breathtaking and not just because of these features. Everything has been done to the highest standards and precize as possible. The new paintob then makes it a shiny red gem.
Rear axle width: 126 mm
Bottom bracket: ITA
Steerer length: 165 mm (threaded part: 15 mm)
Seatpost diameter: 27.2 mm
Front derailleur attachement: braze on
For 700C rims (28" wheels)