Chesini was founded in 1925, when Gelmino Chesini - a former mechanic - built a bicycle named the Chesini Biciprecision in Nesente, a small village near Verona, Italy.
The Second World War would stunt the growth of Gelmino's brand, but the post-war years brought great optimism to Italy. Chesini felt this atmosphere too, and in 1947 acquired the Cicli Valetti factory in Verona, alongside the relocation of the headquarters to Via San Paolo in the city centre. This would begin the momentum that would bring Chesini bicycles great success.
The expansion of the factory and headquarters allowed Gelmino to pour resources into research and development in an attempt to find new, innovative solutions for Chesini bicycles. The fruits of his efforts would be harvested in 1963, as a Chesini bicycle would be ridden by Flaviano Vincentini to the Solo 100km World Amateur Championship. In the subsequent years, Chesini bicycles of the Italian national team won the 1964 and 1965 100km Team World Amateur Championships.
As Gelmino's son - Gabriele - took control of the company, he oversaw the expansion of the Chesini brand and sponsorship of a series of professional teams. Gabriele decided to halt collateral operations, such as a service centre for sewing machines, as focused on developing the highest quality bicycles.
Today, Chesini still operates from Via San Paolo in Verona and continues to follow a philosophy based upon 'quality and dynamism'.