Masi, or Masi cicli, was founded by Faliero Masi in 1949. Faliero Masi had been a professional cyclist since the 1930s and throughout his competitive career he had accumulated an array of knowledge about steel bicycles and their properties as racing machines.
Faliero had his own way of fitting racing bikes to their riders, becoming known as 'the tailor'. He built bikes for both Jacques Anquetil and Fausto Coppi, but as the popularity of the Masi brand grew, many professional racers had already signed contracts with other companies. This, unfortunately, meant that Masi bicycles were not in as much demand as Faliero had initially hoped for.
Gentullio (Tullio) Campagnolo was born in Venice (Italy) in 1901 and began his enterprise with a small repair shop. He realised during his racing career that he lost a lot of time trying to unscrew his back tyre to turn it around, which at the time was the only way to change the wheel. As a solution to this problem, he developed clamps which made the changing of a tyre easier and more effective. In the following years he invented more and more bicycle parts, such as the prototypes of the modern derailleurs. During the 1940s Campagnolo continued to make a name for itself in the production of bicycle equipment and clothing. By 1950 Campagnolo had employeed 123 people. In 1955 the first complete group of components was introduced to the cycling market. In the 1990s the brand also produced motors for racing cars, helicopter parts and satellites, alongside the manufacture of first-class parts for racing bikes.
We are happy to present you a selection of rare and collectible vintage bicycles: