Stelio Belletti learned the process of TiG welding from his father, who was building frames for Motorcycles. In the 70s Stelio had the idea to use the TiG torch to build bike frames. It is a very time intense process, but it is worth the high quality result. The frame is much lighter than a frame which is put together through lugs. It took the master 1 day to build a fork without a normal fork crown. Only round 1000 frames were built by the master, so this is a real rare piece of bike art. Each vintage bicycle by Stelbel will be a gem in every serious collection. In 1984 the polnish national team won an Olympic gold medal on track in Los Angeles on Stelbel bikes.
This Stelbel vintage bicycle is fully equipped with Campagnolo Super Record parts from 1982 and is a real lightweight bike! The complete bicycle's weight is just 8.6 Kg!
Five reasons to buy this bike:
1) Very rare (only 1000 frames built)
2) Lightweight (only 8.6 Kg)
3) Equipped with Campy Super Record parts
4) Genuine condition and parts from 1982 (would be a perfect bicycle for L'Eroica)
5) Perfect TIG built frame by famous Italian manufacturer Stelio Belletti.